Wednesday, December 21, 2011

new project

Yesterday, I began a project that I have been thinking about for a while now. 

It involves sending out a letter and having participants describe a specific concept through drawing (and perhaps words). It does not require any special skills, and I am trying to collect drawings from all kinds of people from all over the world. Ideally, I will gather a few hundred response cards.

If you are a friend who has not been contacted yet (or a reader who would like to participate), please contact me. You can spend as little as a few minutes on it (or more time if you are into it). I will send you a card to draw on by post (in the mail), as well as an addressed envelope to send it back to me in.

Oh, and if you think you know anyone else who would be open to participating, let me know, and I can include more cards in your envelope.

Many Thanks,

addoley 


FAQ

Q. I have some friends I think may be interested. Can you include more cards for them in my envelope?
A. Sure, just let me know how many. Thanks for getting more participants.

Q. I'm not really sure what you're asking for yet. Will everyone have the same concept?
A. Yes. Each participant gets the same instructions, same sized card, same freedoms and constraints.


Q. I can't draw! But I still want to help you out. Can I still participate?
A. Yes. I'm looking for your personal diagrammatic vision of the idea. How do you see it? That's what I'm interested in. If you can convey that better in words, the instructions leave open the possibility of writing in addition to drawing. But this is your chance to express an idea through drawing, so give it a try.

Q. I took a look at some of the responses you've received. Should I make mine look like one of those?
A. No, I'd actually prefer if participants didn't view the project submissions I've posted on this blog so far. I would prefer your pure view in light of the directions.


 

1 comment:

  1. This was totally fun. I recommend. My cards will be on their way to you soon Addoley!

    ReplyDelete